Sunday Sermon Notes from 4/4/2021
The Garden of Eden held the doorway to life.
“EDEN” in Hebrew is made of three characters:
- "Ayin"- means to look or to see
- "Dalet"- means door that swings open
- "Noon"- means life
EDEN- means "Look, the gateway to life". Jesus is the good shepherd and he shows us the way to life.
Read John 10:9 NIV
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.
Read John 14:6 NIV
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Jesus is the one and the only way to life.
Read Luke 5:17-27
- Jesus forgives his sins right away
- Notice his friends, we need relationships with friends that will bring us to Jesus when we need healing
- Jesus will fix things in our lives when we go to him, no matter what he is doing
- Everyone was focused on the paralytics disability, but Jesus was focused on what would take him away from God, his sins, and forgave them
- Jesus is the gatekeeper and knows how to get us through the gate
- Why did Jesus resurrect? To prove that he was different from anyone else and could do what he promised
- We can trust Jesus’s words, he keeps his promises
- He said he would die and return in 3 days and he did
- When Jesus says your sins are forgiven, they are forgiven