Sunday Lesson Notes from December 4, 2022
Read James 3:13-18
- What is the difference between wisdom from God and earthly wisdom?
- Wisdom from God is truth and humility
- Wisdom from earth is full of selfish ambition, bitter envy and unspiritual
- How do you get wisdom from God?
- If you lack wisdom, ask God for it in prayer, James 1:2-6
Read Proverbs 9:1-6 and 13-18
- What are the two invitations described in this Proverb?
- Which invitation have you taken in your life?
- One invitation is to the house of wisdom, the other invitation is to the house of folly
- How do you know which invitation you have taken? What in your life points to wisdom or to folly?
Read Proverbs 2:1-8
- Where do you seek God’s wisdom?
- The bible tells us when we are in trouble to seek God’s wisdom
- We can find God’s wisdom in his words
- It is important to know God’s words well so that we can recognize and reject false teachings
- In Colossians 2 , Paul teaches about all of God’s wisdom is revealed in Jesus Christ. Don’t be fooled by false teachings found in other ideas of the world.
- Do I cry out to God for wisdom? Do I call out during trials or during times of peace?
- Jesus being crucified was the true wisdom of God, but this was foolishness to those who were perishing. The world could not understand how a dead person could save the world, but God’s wisdom was revealed to those who were willing to accept that by the death of Jesus we were saved.
Read 1 Corinthians 2:6-10
- Jesus’s life on earth demonstrates the true wisdom of God
- When we follow Jesus we are destined to share in God’ glory, now and in the days to come
- When you go after a relationship with God and seek to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, you are practicing true wisdom. Jesus showed us how to love and obey God. In summary, all the treasures of wisdom are hidden in Christ and is revealed to all who belong to Him.