Sunday, April 10th
Read Psalm 86- Example of David Praying
Read Philippians 4:4-7-Pray instead of being Anxious
Read Jonah 2:1-10- Jonah Prayed in his Distress
Read 1 Kings 3:5-14-King Solomon Prayed for Discerning Heart
Think of some prayer requests you have laid before God and What happened as a result?
Here are some prayers and situations that were shared by some individuals:
- About to get a competitive dream job, but in the end God said “no” which was really a blessing
- Suffering with mental health issues, raising small children and having a difficult financial situation, but God protected them through this and saw them out of this situation
- Moved from one country with no money to get a better education- God provided money, shelter and now they have higher degrees, a nice place to live and permanent status to stay in this country
- Followed their spouse from another country to the USA, did not know the language and had a small child. God protected them through this time, especially when the child was ill and the spouse was on travel and they did not know the language well.
- Having a hard time with the loss of a relative that was sudden and tragic, but their relationship with God grew and is now able to help others with the grieving process
- Older and unmarried but learned to surrender the wedding plans to God
- Relative died tragically although they prayed for their life to be spared, learned that God will do things in his timing
- Prayed to know Jesus and found him
- Learned to be OK when God says no or not yet
- Prayed for a dear friend to return to God and he is now returning
- Prayed to care for children and they are being cared for
- Prayed for spouse who was in a bad accident to not require surgery and live, God answered yes
When we pray, God listens and cares about what we are going through. We should always remember to pray and never give up.
Read Luke 18: 1-8
How does this parable change your perspective on prayer?
Do you give up praying? Or do you refuse to pray about everything in your life?