Sunday Sermon Notes from 4/11/2021
Have you ever been in a situation where you felt valued and respected?
Have you ever been in a situation where you felt worthless and disrespected?
Read John 4: 1-42
- Why did the Samaritans want Jesus to stay with them longer?
- How do you think Jesus felt when they wanted him to stay with them longer?
- Jesus demonstrated so much respect for this woman that the town reciprocated the action when she told them all about her interaction with Jesus
- Jesus took time to speak to a woman which was frowned upon during this time
- He also taught her as he would teach his disciples, which also was frowned upon during this time
- They genuinely wanted to spend time with Jesus, not just to get food or miracles, but to hear what he had to say
- They felt valued by Jesus and the valued him in return
- Why was it necessary for Jesus to stay for 2 more days
- They needed to come to their own faith by hearing his words personally
- Spending time with Jesus personally, helps us to get to know him deeply
- When we encounter God, we understand ourselves in relationship to God better
- Jesus brings grace and truth to our lives, not condemnation
- Why were the disciples questioning Jesus about talking to this woman?
- Maybe they were surprised he was taking the time to talk to a female during this time period
- No matter who you are or what troubled past you may have, Jesus died for you and you are highly valued because of this price he paid
- Spend time with Jesus to remember your value