What convinced you that you needed to be called out of living in the darkness and enter into living in the light?
- What does it mean to live in “darkness”?
- Living a life without the presence of God
- Not having a full understanding of who God really is
- Having “ eyes” but not seeing
- Not knowing where you are going in life because you are without direction
- What does it mean to live in the "light"?
- Living in the light involves knowing Jesus and following his example
- Understanding the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross
- Choosing to return to the presence of God and to stop hiding and keeping secrets in our lives
- As disciples, after spending time with Jesus, we are able to shine our light onto others
- When we live in the light we grow, like green plants that require sunlight; without light they shrivel up and die
- Jesus came to bring truth and light into our lives, can we handle having our lives exposed and in the light?
Read 1 Peter 2:9-10
- As disciples we were called out of darkness to live in the light of God
- We are a royal priesthood, a holy nation and God’s special possession when we live and seek to stay in God’s light
- What convinced you that you needed to be called out of living in the darkness and enter into living in the light?
Perhaps you saw the truth about yourself and found a better way to live
Perhaps you realized you can handle the strain of living without God, too many issues in the world to deal with
Perhaps your relationships with friends and family are non existent or abusive
Maybe you realized just going to church on Sunday and living poorly during the week was shallow and unfulfilling
- God has called us all to live in the light. We do not have to give up hope because God has already rescued us through his Son Jesus if we accept the rescuing.
- God is transforming you right now and remaking you so that you can be physically ready to enter into his kingdom in Heaven.