Sunday Lesson Notes
September 3, 2023
Read Matthew 9: 14-17
- Jesus referred to himself as the Bridegroom, who was his bride?
- The church- made up of all his disciples- is Jesus’s bride
- We are part of the church, therefore, we will be Jesus’s bride when he returns
- Jesus made his disciples aware of this new teaching
- What did Israel’s relationship with God look like in the Old Testament?
- Israel was having a hard time remaining faithful to their covenant relationship with God.
Read Hosea 2: 14-20
- Israel was an adulteress wife, yet God still pursued her and claimed her as his own.
- The Israelites were having difficulty staying faithful to God in part because they wanted to be like the other nations around them and have a god they could see and control.
- God promised Israel his marriage to her would be forever, with righteousness and justice and with love and compassion.
- God’s request from Israel was to acknowledge him, to know HIM
Read Revelation 19: 6-9
- This passage describes the wedding of Jesus to his bride the church
- The bride is making herself ready for Jesus
- The bride is clothed in fine linen which is the acts of righteousness of the saints
- The wedding is taking place before the throne of God
- All the saints before the time of Christianity will be in attendance to witness this event
Read Revelation 21: 1-11 and 22-27
- God will come to earth and dwell with his people, the Garden of Eden restored
- There will be no need for light because God will be the light
- The nations will be renewed and worship GOD with all the splendor
- We have something so amazing to look forward to
- God is clear about his expectations
- He loves us so much that he tells us what is expected in order to dwell with him forever
See notes from July 5th online