Read the following verses:
- 1 John 3:1-16
- Isaiah 43:1-7
- Zephaniah 3:14-17
- Psalm 33:18-22
- Romans 8:28-39
Answer the following two questions:
- What helps you to connect with God’s love?
- What helps you to connect with God’s Love, demonstrated through Jesus?
Here are some answers to these questions that various church members shared:
- Some people feel connected to God’s love when they are forgiven for something and know they did not deserve forgiveness
- Some feel connected when they spend time in nature, listen to Godly music or spend time with other Christians
- Others feel connected the more they study God’s word and obey it
- Some are connected by experiencing God’s Holy Spirit, experiencing God through his creations and through interactions with others in the world
To Love God is to obey God. Love is an action involving sacrificing for someone else, the way Jesus sacrificed for us. We feel close to God and can connect with his Love more as a by-product of obeying him.
READ EPHESIANS 3:14-21
God really wants us to understand the depth of his love for us. When we are little, we may swim in the kiddie pool and then when we get bigger, we swim in the adult pool; then finally we are able to swim in the ocean. The more we know God the more we will understand how wide and deep his love is for us.