Sunday Worship Notes from December 6, 2020
What are you thankful for this Holiday Season and why?
Read Matthew 27:27-61
- In some countries, the Thanksgiving Holiday may not be celebrated, however, there are many things we should be thankful for in spite of what may be going on in the world right now.
- Jesus is the real reason to be thankful each day. Because Jesus sacrificed his life for us, we are able to have a relationship with God and be saved. He makes it possible for us to even exist.
- Jesus’ death and resurrection gives us reassurance that God is still listening and dependable even during trying times.
- We can turn to God’s word and seek help during hard times because of Jesus’ sacrifice.
- When we get everything we want and everything goes “well” in our lives, it is easy to be ungrateful and forget about God.
- True testing comes when things are hard and we decide to continue to talk to God and seek out a relationship with Him and be grateful.
- Jesus will guide us through our trials no matter what, if we let Him