* Romans 8:11
* Think about this, it doesn’t get anymore ‘done, finished, destroyed, hopeless’ than death. When something dies, that is it.
* As we saw with Jesus and the cross, death is no match for God’s Spirit as it rose Jesus back to life from the dead!!!
* That exact same Spirit is inside you!!!
* What do you think about this and/or how then do we rely on/tap into God’s Spirit rather than rely on ourselves?
* Hebrews 6:18-20
* What is the purpose of an anchor?
* We have hope because Jesus, God’s own Son, is vouching for us. Anchors are for boats in a large body of water. If our souls are like boats, what would be the “waters” and how is this hope of Jesus an anchor for our souls?
* 1 Cor. 15:54-58
* Why is death scary?
* Thanks be to Jesus and the cross, we have victory over death!! How is this so?
* Story of watching a recorded football game when you already know the result. Similarly, no matter how dark, hard, hopeless, defeated we can feel at various times in this present life – we already know the end result: VICTORY! So stand firm walking with God, for your labor of love for God is NEVER in vain thanks to Jesus!!!
* Romans 5:6-8
* Very rarely will anyone die for someone.
* But when they do, they die for someone good.
* The Message version states that Jesus died for us when we were of no use whatever to Him.
* Death is the ultimate sign of love. Jesus demonstrated the ultimate sign of love for us when we had nothing to offer Him. What does that say about Jesus’ and God’s love for us?
5) Life/New Beginnings
* 2 Corinthians 5:17
* In Christ, we are NEW creations! The old has gone, the new is here!!!
* What does it mean we are new creations???
Side note: Ever wonder... “If I’m saved/a new creation, then why do I still struggle with sin?” Hebrews 10:14 reads “For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.” Jesus paid our debt and wiped our slate clean – because of this, we are perfect in the eyes of God, but He did not spare us from the process of being made Holy and molding our characters and growing close to God.
* Hebrews 10:19-23
* Because of Jesus, we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place – the place where God resides; essentially, we have confidence to go to our Father in his office and run and sit in His lap and just be with Him!!!
* 1 Peter 1:8-9
* Because of Jesus – we are filled with inexpressible and glorious joy.
* If we aren’t joyful, it’s because we aren’t focused on Jesus.
So as we take communion and the bread which represents Jesus’ body and the juice which represents His blood, let us reflect that these represent things such as Power, Hope, Victory, Love, Life, Confidence, Joy and the like!!!